Monday, May 4, 2009

Day Three: Buying a mousetrap

Okay, I bought a mousetrap. They said you should put peanut butter on it, but I don't have any peanut butter, and I'll be darned if I'm going to buy a jar of peanut butter if the only person who is going to eat it is a mouse. If I do that, the mouse wins.
Besides, should I get crunchy or smooth.
So it's one of those untraditional new age mousetraps, which is probably why it doesn't recommend cheese. I have cheese but that's too typical. I'm taking another approach and putting bread in it. And have photographed it in it's spot beside the fridge. I've come to the conclusion today after pulling the fridge out from the wall and shining a torch into it's fridge gizzards, or frizzards, that the mouse has somehow escaped the cardboard prison I enclosed it in. But it's going to get hungry, and probably come back to the fridge, as I do. And when it does, it will find this:


So it's just a waiting game at present. It could take a week. It could happen while I'm watching the end of 'There Will Be Blood' tonight. That would be ideal, because I'd be concentrating on imitating Daniel Day-Lewis' classic quote, "I drink your milkshake. I drink it up," to be saddened by this mouse's death.
Personally I'd like to think it lasts for a few more days, because I'd hate to be one of those people who starts a blog and then gives it up a few days later. Besides, I've got plenty more mouse-related blogging in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment